Chocolate Energy Balls have to be my favourite healthy sweet treat! They taste exactly like rich and decadent chocolate truffles, however they are actually good for you! These energy balls contain so many nutritionally beneficial ingredients and are great for an energy boost during the day. They are vegan, sugar-free, and gluten-free. And will most definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings!
- Serves: 10
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Freezing: 2 hours
- 1 cup dates
- 2T cacao powder
- a handful of nuts, dried cranberries and raisins
- 1t cinnamon
- 1T peanut/almond butter
- 1T coconut oil (melted)
- Place the dates in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the dates from the water and use the back of a fork to mush all the fates together.
- Place the dates in a medium-size ball and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into 10 bite-size balls.
- Place them in a container and store it in the freezer for 2 hours before serving. (Continue to store the energy balls in the freezer, so that they last longer and maintain their texture)