There is nothing more comforting than a warming and nutrious soup! This heavenly soup contains a smorgasbord of nutritious vegetables paired with lentils that provide a great source of healthy protein! This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and 1 hour to make the most delicious concoction!
- Serves: 8
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- 4T Olive oil
- 1t Crushed garlic
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups Carrots, chopped
- 4 Large tomatoes, choppe
- 10 Basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups Dry lentils
- 2T Tomato purée
- 6 cups chicken stock
- A sprinkle of Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Baby spinach leaves
- Place the oil and garlic in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and tomatoes. Cook until soft.
- Stir in the basil leaves, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add the lentils, tomatoe purée and chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, stir in the baby spinach leaves.
- Turn off the heat and blend the soup using a handheld blender until thick and creamy.