This granola is my latest obsession! The combination of oats, buckwheat, nuts and dried fruit makes this granola irresistible. It is crunchy and chewy with a kick of vanilla to make it the perfect breakfast cereal! This recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare and contains no refined sugar as well as being vegan friendly! You can pair this heavenly granola with fruit, yogurt and almond milk! Or even use it as a topping on your smoothie bowl. All you need is a handful of healthy ingredients to whip up this Homemade Buckwheat Granola!
- Serves: 10
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Baking: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1T Coconut oil
- 2T Honey
- 1t Cinnamon
- 1/2t Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (Raisins & Dried Cranberries)
- 1/4 cup Coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the rolled oats, buckwheat, nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat for 1 minute or until it forms a syrup mixture.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the syrup mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the syrup mixture.
- Pour the granola mixture into the baking tray and place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool.
- Stir in the dried fruit and coconut flakes.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.