This is my go-to lunch at the moment as it is easy, delicious and loaded with healthy carbohydrates, fats and protein! The cinnamon spiced sweet potato, butternut and chickpeas is my favourite part of the salad and is perfectly suited for autumn. This recipe can be prepared the night before and taken to school or work the next day!
- Serves: 2
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 45 minutes
- 1 Small sweet potato, chopped and peeled
- 1 Small butternut, chopped and peeled
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1T Olive oil
- 1T Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1t Cinnamon
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- A sprinkle of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 2T Lemon Juice
- 1T Honey
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Coat the sweet potato, butternut and chickpeas with the olive oil, honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a baking tray. Place in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water in a pot over medium heat and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for around 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle over the salad dressing.