These are the most delicious brownies I’ve ever eaten and you can’t even tell that they are made mostly out of vegetables! The sweet potato makes these tasty treats irresistibly fudgy and paired with a creamy chocolate chickpea frosting, these brownies are a mouthful of heaven!
- Serves: 12
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Baking: 40 minutes
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and steamed until soft
- 1/2 cup Dates, soaked in hot water (10 minutes)
- 100g Ground oats
- 4T Honey/Maple Syrup
- 4T Cacao powder
- 1T Coconut oil, melted
- A handful of almonds, chopped into small chunks
- 200g Canned chickpeas, drained
- 2T Cacao Powder
- 1T Peanut Butter
- 2T Almond Milk
- 1T Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1/2t Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a medium baking dish.
- Place the sweet potato and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the sweet potato mixture into a bowl and stir in the remaining brownie ingredients.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool.
- To prepare the frosting, combine all the frosting ingredients in a food processor and store in the fridge until the brownies have cooled.
- Spread the chilled frosting over the brownies and garnish with a handful of chopped nuts, seeds and cacao nibs.